Monday 11 December 2017

A book card for my parents at Christmas

Year after year I feel so blessed to have my parents still alive and well with me especially at Christmas. Both myself and my father love Christmas with all the decorations, pudding, cakes etc.


This year I wanted to suprise my Dad (who tends to appreciate them more) with a book card for Christmas.


Wish I took a photo of him opening up his Christmas card this year but he was in his PJ's and I don't think that would have been appropriate to put up on here lol!


I love book cards. Yes they do take a while to finish but the end result is so nice. It gives depth to a project.


This was my first try colouring with prisma colour pencils on kraft paper. Yes it is difficult. Yes you have to think a lot with your mind regarding direction of light etc.  But I feel it gives a warmth to the whole picture in itself.

Papers used are Maja Design and Pion Design


Stamp is from Whimsy Stamps love their Christmas stamps so much and their dies as well, you can see the green branches from them.


The sentiment is something I did  i.e. I wrote it it's not a stamp and even the words for Mum and Dad


The poinsietta is felt with some red twine and some red pomegranates and gold stars



Since it's a book card I used a ribbon tie on the side


This is the back of the book card


This is the inside of my card built up with kraft paper to resemble a book


Dies for the inside part are from Magnolia. The tree is something I built myself by topping on branches


And this is how deep it looks from the side.

Hope you like my creation .... my Dad is super happyp with his card and I have finally some time to work on simpler cards now :)





No comments:

Post a Comment