Thursday 3 May 2018

Godfather request

Don't you find it to be a huge responsibility to create something on someone's request according to their needs. This was a case in point where at the beginning I didn't know what to create. The request was for an Uncle to be asked to be a Godfather at a confirmation.


I decided that since I was on the Holy Communion book card creating idea to follow suit.  So I chose some lovely cardstock which was very expensive but it had a lot of shimmer and glitter which I love


I stitched it onto some blue dot embossed cardstock and voila below is the front of this book card.









A cross at the front was highly appropriate but to lessen a bit the seriousness of it I placed an organza bow at the middle of the cross.


I die cut the cross twice. Once on the blue cardstock and then onto a white padded glittery foam which I bought.

On the inside I stitched the left side like the front. I used a nice sweet poem to sort of pop up the question to this boy's uncle.


On the inside as you can see it opens up as a book. I was sent a coloured photo which I turned to a light blue colour and then printed and die cut with my oval frame die.




The ribbon around the frame on the right is a very expensive one. A roll of a few metres is Eur25 but it gives my projects such dimension and style that without it, it wouldn't have looked as nice.


If anyone has any questions about this project please feel free to contact me :)

Have a great day!

xxx

Claire

 

2 comments: